Upcoming cooking and food education classes:
- 7/28/13, 12:30: Cooking Demonstration at Forest Hills GrowNYC Greenmarket
If you are interested in any of the above classes, please email Alexa here.
Past classes and presentations:
- Vegan Cocktail Party (Bamboomoves Yoga Studio, Forest Hills, Queens, 7/14/13)
- Vegan Picnic Dishes (Resurrection-Ascension Church, Rego Park, Queens, 6/30/13)
- No-Cook Vegan Cooking Class (Bamboomoves Yoga Studio, 6/2013)
- Winter CSA Share Tips and Tricks Cooking Class (Tuv Ha’aretz CSA, 3/2013)
- Creating Community Through Sustainable Food Systems (LimmudNY, 2/2013)
- Food as Medicine – Eating to Boost Immunity, Cooking Demonstration (UJA-Middlesex, 1/2013)
- Jews and Gut Health, Panel Discussion (Hazon Food Conference, 12/2012)
- From your CSA Basket to your Dinner Table – Golden Earthworm Organic Farm Harvest Festival Cooking Demonstration (10/2012)
- DIY Vegan Food Your Kids Will Eat!, Cooking Demonstration – Central Queens Y Earth Day Fair (5/2012)
Alexa’s writing from around the Interwebs:
Jew and the Carrot
- 21 March, 2013: Superfruit and Superaromatic Charoset
- 13 September, 2012: Rosh Hashanah Cookies for the Gods
- 2 August, 2012: Maimonides at the Farmer’s Market
- 3 March, 2012: Harissa: The North African Jewish Hot Sauce
- 1 December, 2011: A Tip on Seasonal Eating…From Maimonides?
AJWS: Global Voices Blog
- 12 April, 2012: Congressional Meetings for a Just Farm Bill
Alexa was profiled in the New York Times about her past work at Columbia University-NY Presbyterian Hospital. You can read the article here.